Our process follows SIX PRINCIPLES
1. The right ball, the right court, and the right racquet—embracing the USTA’s ROGY Pathway, young players in our program learn at the appropriate scale. This approach makes tennis more fun and helps players learn faster. We promote the development of tennis specific agility, balance, and coordination skills—it’s vital that a young player develops these skills during their window of opportunity.
2. Foster a passion for tennis—to be successful in any endeavor, one needs to Start with Why. In the initial stages of learning, tennis should be fun. As a player develops a passion for the game, the intensity and discipline can progressively increase—their inner reward system gradually shifting from instant gratification to delayed satisfaction.
3. The court is our classroom—we consider the tennis court to be an extension of the classroom—we are tennis teachers. We believe children thrive when they’re challenged to be the best they can be. We emphasize life skills, such as: accountability, coachability, body language, and positive self-talk.
4. Develop growth mindsets—success is less about our abilities and talent, than it is about the mindset we adopt. A growth mindset creates a love of practice, an acceptance of constructive criticism, and the ability to overcome adversity. We teach our players to have a growth mindset, which will help them better achieve their goals—both on and off the court.
5. Build solid fundamentals—Steve Smith’s Great Base is a system of instruction that has produced Grand Slam champions, U.S National champions, and NCAA champions. Every player in our program learns The Great Base.
6. Prepare athletes physically—we teach players to enjoy physical fitness—not dread it. Therefore, we never use exercise as a form of punishment. We emphasize the importance of a proper warm-up and cool-down to ensure long-term injury prevention. We prioritize lateral agility and anaerobic conditioning exercises—skills specific to the demands of our sport.
TRUST THE PROCESS
Check out our numerous Success Stories.